GAMIFICATION RULES EVENTS IN 2020
Games have been a form of human entertainment from as long as 3100 B.C. Now they have carved their way into the sphere of events too. Gamification is nowadays quite a trend in any event for serving the purpose of better audience engagement. As per many studies, gamification not only helps in developing new sets of skills and increases our problem-solving ability but also helps in the essential process of networking.
Many people have this misconception that gamification at an event is all about using an app on a smartphone. Instead, it has a lot more to do with human psychology than the mere use of technology. It provides depth to any event by focusing more on the human experience. Games are so entertaining and engaging that attendees tend to get teleported into a different reality, losing the track of time as well.
But incorporating elements of games in an event just for the sake of it is also not justified. They should be meaningful and should fulfill the larger purpose of your event.
Apart from audience engagement, there are various other aspects which can be fulfilled through gamification, like:
- ON-TIME ATTENDANCE – When latecomers come midway during a session, that not only breaks the rhythm but also spoils the mood of other attendees and speakers. To avoid such situations tools of gamification can act as lifesaver. For example, if you run a challenge at your event where attendees who arrive on time will get some special goodies or their event experience videos will be recorded. You can display those videos on a screen for a few minutes before the event ends or can post them on the social media pages of the event. The result? Satisfied and happy attendees.
- FREE PROMOTIONS – Let’s be frank, brand promotion is the core reason why events take place at the first place. By encouraging the attendees to use the event hashtag and in exchange rewarding them is a great way of creating a positive hype on social media platforms. You can also add the element of excitement by creating a progress bar that represents the level of activity.
- ICE BREAKER – One of the main reasons why people attend events is ‘networking’. Events provide a great platform for networking and gamification poses as an ice breaker there. It also aids in boosting the self-confidence of the attendees. When team-building exercises are incorporated in any event, attendees get an easy way to know their fellow attendees.
- LEARNING OPPORTUNITY- If used the correct way, gamification is a great way to educate the attendees and immerse them in your event. One can share and acquire knowledge in an event through live Q&A sessions, polling, quizzes, etc. Such sessions can be held easily using a comprehensive mobile event app like myeventgateway.com .
- MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE- Gamification allows us to learn new things and watch how they become easier and more understandable, thus turning event experience into a high-quality and memorable one.
Altogether gamification not only generates attention and motivates the participants it also reinforces social unity.